Damon Bassett gives his opinion regarding accuracy of Jurassic Park in honor of the new film. “I am excited for the new Jurassic Park film and have viewed the trailer, Continue Reading →
Just last month, the Hibernotes, Missouri State University’s premiere mixed a cappella group competed in the first ever Voice Jam A Cappella Festival in Arkansas. They were given the opportunity Continue Reading →
Mizzou Will Pay Missouri State $400,000 To Play Them At Home In 2017
- Dave Steckel left his position as defensive coordinator at Mizzou to become the Bears head coach in December 2014.
- Chad Moller, the Mizzou Athletics Strategic Communications Media Relations coordinator, said that payout is $400,000.
- This six-figure check is minuscule compared to other SEC pay-to-play games, which often reach into the million dollar range.
- Time will tell if Coach Stec can make a less-than-stellar Bears football squad into a team capable of beating the Tigers..
We got a personal lesson on how to make coffee foam art with Dakota, a Barista at Coffee Ethic. Here are the basic steps to creating your very own foam Continue Reading →
Colleges in the Springfield area chose Sammy’s Window and MFCAA as the 2015 signature service project. “The state of Missouri ranks very low, they rank around 48th out of 50 Continue Reading →
The Healthy Living Alliance a network of people and organizations working to encourage healthy, active living in Springfield, Missouri. It’s vision is to “develop and sustain a healthy community where Continue Reading →
- American Ninja Warrior has become a worldwide phenomenon, originating in Japan.
- Caitlin Shukwit, a student at Missouri State University training to become a ninja warrior, said that some qualities a ninja warrior should have include “physical strength and individual determination.”
- Warrior Sports, the American Ninja Warrior training facility in Springfield, provides members and the Springfield community with a fun and unique way to work out.
- To find out more information go to www.springfieldwarriorsports.com or contact them at 417-894-7319.
Warrior Sports Brings Ninja Warriors From Across The US To Springfield
In Fall of 2013, Greene County adopted a policy that would not allow drivers to refuse a blood-alcohol test. If they do not breathalyze, blood tests will be conducted. Capt. Continue Reading →
Get outside this summer and soak up the sun by hiking or biking along the Ozark Greenway Trails.
The Ozark Greenway Corporation is celebrating its twentieth anniversary and you can experience some of the great things they’ve provided by using the trails!
Each trail has a set length that you can follow, some ranging from as little as 2 miles to some as much as 8 miles or 35 miles. There are ones to fit everyone’s athletic need and level!
Aaron Draplin is a man of many talents. You can get a sense of his talents and humor by visiting his website and looking under the “About” section, then clicking on his “Professional Titles.” Here, you’ll see his range of occupations both earned and self-proclaimed: Junior Sasqualogist, Guitar Strummer, Junior Noodler, Carny, Master Junker, Philatelist, Record Collector, Anachronism, and so on. With this insight, you can imagine how fascinating it would be to not only sit through a lecture and presentation by the man himself, but also get to meet and have a conversation with him.
Aaron Draplin may be a man of many talents, but he’s also a man of firm beliefs, strong opinions, and close family ties. During his lecture, he discussed everything one could possibly imagine: his family, his business, his passion for “really crappy hats,” and the great outer space. He gave insight to designers on how to work as a professional and he helped those on the client side with advice about working with designers.
From his lecture, I have compiled some of his funniest, notable quotes and advice for when the time comes to work with a graphic designer and how to get the best work from the experience and something you’ll be happy with. Because in the end, it’s all about what you like, right?